Nats info/updates

Re: Nats info/updates

Postby jonathanshorer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:45 am

If you would like a poster or a flyer for the Nats, there is a downloadable file on the home page in portrait and landscape. The poster is weighted towards visitors as members have had information in their magazines and by email but of course everyone is welcome. Feel free to put a poster in your car or clubhouse and encourage people to attend.

Thanks
jonathanshorer

Postby jonathanshorer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Not long to go now. Lots of information on the Nats website and the Nats Facebook page. Plenty of people entering to ensure exciting competition. Easy on-line registration. What's stopping you?

Looking forward to seeing you there.
jonathanshorer

Postby andrew » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:57 pm

I just went to pay my Nats registration by internet banking....

I've never used or even heard of "POLi Payments" before... With good reason by the looks of it.

What kind of madness is this...?. A 3rd party vendor asking you to enter your banking user name and password into it. Who in their right mind would do that....

"POLi does not store your internet banking login credentials." I'm sure they don't....

I'll pay at the field.
andrew

Postby andrew » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Nope.

I can't believe a something like this even exists, let alone that anyone would actually want to use it.

Even if they are "legit", what happens when they get hacked and account details get siphoned off. Doesn't matter if they don't store details, all it would take would be the insertion of a little bit of innocuous code to forward on login credentials as they get entered it. The banks sure aren't going to cover you for your losses if anything went wrong.
andrew

Postby ash » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:46 pm

What are the chances of some kind of official announcement on the MFNZ website and a posting here giving the dates and details of next year's Nats? An entry in the MFNZ calendar and on the MFNZ Facebook page wouldn't hurt either.

People who need to book leave would like to know. One line at the end of the secretary's column in MFW isn't really doing the event justice.
Adrian Hamilton > CL + FF

http://ashcustomworks.com
ash

Postby jonathanshorer » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:32 am

Hi there,

With 6 months to go we are getting into the preparations now. There will be an article in the next magazine with all the event listed. The SIGs selected March 24th til March 28th for the competition dates and we will be using all of the traditional flying fields. There may some variation to Soaring due to crops but only by about one field.
jonathanshorer

Previous

Return to MFNZ Nationals Information 'The Nats'