Transmitter Cam

Transmitter Cam

Postby tigger » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:21 pm

This one's for Dale to show him i'm still trying to get a photo of the new wing in action.
I found it rather hard to hold a camera etc while still trying to keep control of the plane i was trying to photograph so came up with this. I was out today but rather a windy and dull day to boot so still not sure if it will work.
The idea is to get plane in the air,turn on camera and go to full zoom then hold TX and cam as if you were shielding eyes from the sun and snap off a few perfect shots,yeah right. Will post if i can get it all together. I had made up this tray some time ago so this liitle arm and bolt are a new addition.
Cheers Tigger
tigger

Re: Transmitter Cam

Postby Dale » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Good work that man, good luck with it! One of the guys i fly with clips a camera onto his hat, so wherever his head is pointing, the camera is. He records movies, which he then takes stills from.
Dale

Postby tigger » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:41 am

Thanks for all the ideas to try. Will see if i get a chance to fly and photo today.
Tigger
tigger

Postby tigger » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Down at the field and no breeze so flew the little red CZ glider, first flight after a major rebuild and had a delightful afternoon.
Can't say too much about Trans/cam except that it's about as handy as a pocket in a pair of underpants so will flag that idea away and look at some of the other ideas. I have a feeling they are going to cost so maybe i'll just wait for someone to come by and i'll hand him the camera. Really to be practical you just can't stop flying and go into photo mode so the head mount and vid glasses would be the way to go.
Cheers Tigger
tigger

Postby tigger » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Good stuff,thanks for that.
Tigger
tigger

Postby tigger » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Dale, can i just draw a picture of the glider?.
Tigger
tigger

Return to Hints & Tips