Sig Koverall

Re: Sig Koverall

Postby DH100 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi Chris

I hope you have your Aero Dope situation sorted. We have been repackaging United Paints dope under the Airsail brand for some years now ...down to 50ml bottles and 250 ml tins, in fact the only one in the country doing so. It is an excellent product with great adhesion properties. It is available in tautening and non-tautening. It's odd how nobody is willing to acknowledge it!

Contrary to a silly opinion expressed, you don't need to see your bank manager, Furthermore, 40 years ago when the individual concerned was mowing lawns for 2/6 pence you could but a lot for that money. Too bad when you can't even get that into perspective 40 years on.

Brian
DH100

Re: Sig Koverall

Postby Chris Brew » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi Brian
Thanks for you reply. I'm pretty surprised that not many people have come forward with more info myself. I am almost read to give this a go I am in the process of converting a Greatplanes Super Sportster kit into a Miles Hawk Speed Six look alike just to do something different and feel the need to learn about the Koverall and dope process. As I have said it seems to give a much better finish.

By the way I love the Vampire I have been keeping up with the build both on here and RCScalebuilder I love the vampires as a model they fly soo nice Graham Smithson from Nelson comes over here to Blenheim for our annual fly-in most years and I always look forward to his vampire. I don't think I have ever seen another model jet that looks so good as a model vampire. Great work I'm enjoying it.
Cheers Chris
Chris Brew

Previous

Return to Hints & Tips