Big Stik 80

Re: Big Stik 80

Postby tigger » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:06 pm

Couldn't help myself and sat the engine in place for a look. The plan said zilch about offset so mounted the firewall square to the fuse and will shim the mounts if needed. That's a 18 x8 prop, bit like a ceiling fan.
Tigger
Attachments
big stik 118.jpg
tigger

Postby tigger » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Have fitted the servo and tank platforms and as you can see one is lower than the other. I needed it low to give me some needed clearance between wing and tank and the rear one had to be higher to allow the rudder servo to be fitted. I wanted this one to be centered for a later pull-pull system, it just happened to above the centre longeron hence the lifting of the platform. Sat the not yet built wing centre section on to check for clearance, which was okay. Will have to get the gorse out of the pockets and buy some servos and pop them in place.
Tigger
Attachments
big stik 127.jpg
tigger

Postby tigger » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:09 pm

Well i now have sides on fuel tank and servo tray along with one fuselage side and some barn door diagonals. Weight is now up to 643 grams/ 22 oz's. Probably didn't need the diagonals, but i want to eventually fit some louvers to the sides for engine induction air as the carb is quite close to the fire wall, so a few holes will be needed. May try and fit a filter as well. Epoxy has been the glue choice for these pieces. Just found out that if you left click on photo it will zoom in, took a while.
Cheers Tigger
Must say that i'm always impressed with DH100's workman ship and skill on the Vampire. It has certainly been a tremendous undertaking but the light is getting visable at the end of the oh so long tunnel, cheers for a great build.
Attachments
big stik 134.jpg
tigger

Postby tigger » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:14 pm

Not an awful lot achieved this week, fishing season opened so lost a day there but today the servos arrived from Asia so have fitted them and put some more diagonals in. I bought turnagy servos by way of size and price so hope they work out. I do try to buy local but local buys from Asia so can't really see why i should feel bad about it. Will also post up a photo of the servo arms which are plastic but have an alloy ring fitted for added strength so thought this was a bonus.
Cheers Tigger
Attachments
big stik 136.jpg
tigger

Postby tigger » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:16 pm

Here is the photo of the servo arms. Remember to left click to zoom in.
Tigger
Attachments
big stik 140.jpg
tigger

Previous

Return to Build Threads