Back where I want to be finally, working towards completing some remaining details for the fuselage “pod”. I started out to make two Fuel Tank caps from a slice of Brass tube and a piece of G10, filled on the underside. I then cut a slightly oversize hole in the appropriate place on the upper wing skin surface, wound two layers of Tamiya thin paper tape around the brass.
I then set the above in place with some body filler then removed the cap and the taped when it was good and set. Taking the paper off and test fitting gave a very nice clearance around the cap and all done without a lathe.
I plan to make a silicone mould for the caps however, to reduce the time to make another 5 pieces.