Further to the last picture ... I should have said that one of the original booms shows up in the foreground. Sadly the mould had to be binned and a fresh start made. I decided to build the new prototype booms from 0.4mm ply with balsa formers and four stringers. At this point I han't taken a lot of photgraphs so there's not a lot to see regards the actual construction ofthese units.
However, I do have a set of MDF CNC cut boom blanks which were done by Gary Graham. They await my attentions after I've completed this particular model. I've told myself I should have done all the kit work first, but it would have been a nigtmare regards accuracy, so completing my own model first was in fact the sensible direction to follow.
Here's the two units ... the original set has a very slim boom section, is too short and the fin and rudder assembly is too tall!
I'm working with Gwyn Avenell to produce what will be the most accurate set of 3 views of the Vampire available, a result of Serive and Maintainence drawings and measurements from the full size. I'm also writing an article about Kiwi Vampires and colour schemes. There are a couple of surprizes there too!
- 2012-09-20 14.31.53.jpg (235.27 KiB) Viewed 26092 times