new wing for house of balsa 2x4

Re: new wing for house of balsa 2x4

Postby tigger » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Out and flying today and sorry Dale but couldn't manage to fly and snap a shot. I tried but no wind so needed to stay on the case and keep it up there. No major problems and all went well. It does want to float forever on landing and flaperons slow it a little but i had a ton of room and it was fun. The turns are slow and stable,way better than the 48" wing and rudder turns and even when rolling into a turn and using some elevator it doesn't want to drop a wing. It makes use of the conditions better than the 2x4 wing and really it suits the older flyer that i am and you can still roll it around [turn] at only a couple of feet off the ground and feel real safe.Tried some flaperon on launch but no real gain, maybe when there's some wind. So very happy with the wing and looking forward to some great flying. Thanks for comimg along on the build.
Cheers Tigger
Attachments
p2k & 2x5 flights 004.jpg
tigger

Re: new wing for house of balsa 2x4

Postby tigger » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:53 pm

A clown in every story or as thick as a 4x2 so the saying goes. Well i'll put my hand up for that.
I had made a wooden block [4x2] and shaped it to hold the glider while i fitted up the wing and put the rubber bands on and it was a nice snug fit. When the wing is on you can no longer see the block so TX strung around the neck power switches on and away to find the end of the bungee cord and saying to myself that this new wing is way heavier than the old set up. Yep block still in place and you have to laugh, still smiling when i hooked up and launched.
Cheers Tigger
Attachments
wooden block 002.jpg
tigger

Previous

Return to Build Threads