El Bandito----Autogyro

Re: El Bandito----Autogyro

Postby tigger » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:11 pm

All the pieces ready for gluing.I have glued up the bottom half and placed a long pin through both hinges. These hinges are large model ones and come supplied with split pins. The top piece is the fibre glass horn and i'll glue that in later. Now the hinges are 1mm thick so i cut some thin wire to help out as a spacer and sat that either side of the hinges
Cheers Tigger
Attachments
gyro 030.jpg
tigger

Postby tigger » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi there , just a quick one of all the fibre glass parts that came with the plan, only a small extra charge but should save a lot of work. Missing is the mast doubler which is in place.
Cheers Tigger
Attachments
gyro 031.jpg
tigger

Postby tigger » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Bit of gluing going on today and now have head assy with control horn finished.
Cheers Tigger
Attachments
gyro 050.jpg
tigger

Postby tigger » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:52 pm

Have mocked up the head and servos just for a play around with and am also thinking along the lines of a pre rotator by using an old motor i have. The plans show an old gearbox and bearings taken from a brush type motor and this is used for the actual rotor bearing. My idea is to use the brushless motor for this and it can be made to spin up the blades as well. See what you think.also hooked up some power to the servos and can see that the large ones i have fitted will certainly be needed as there is quite a bit of weight to move around and the blades will add to this. Remember too that 1 or 2 left clicks will zoom up the photo.
Cheers Tigger
Attachments
gyro 039.jpg
tigger

Previous

Return to Build Threads