Wing rib dihedral angle

Wing rib dihedral angle

Postby JoeClark » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 pm

Hello Everyone

The Junior 60 wing dihedral is 11.5 deg which means the 1st rib has to be set at this angle ie 101.5 deg to the horizontal. Please advise the best way in achieving this. Measure the angle with the wing panel horizontal or set the rib at 90 deg with the panel elevated at the tip (6"

Any idea, suggestions would be appreciated ,

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/pos ... p?th=71349

Product Video
JoeClark

Re: Wing rib dihedral angle

Postby tigger » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:38 am

Hi there Joe, just make an angle plate from some cardboard and set the rib to that. When it comes time to join the ribs do it as the photo shows and check your angles again. You can lay one wing flat and check the height of the last rib.This photo is from the build threads, new wing for house of balsa 2x5.
Cheers Tigger
Attachments
2x5 aileron 002.jpg
The centre section on this wing had the end ribs set at 90 degrees to the table and the outer panel had the dihedral angle set on the inner rib. This was done with the angle plate [cardboard ].
tigger

Postby tigger » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Just me again Joe with another explanation.Maybe this will be easier to follow if you have keen eyes. I think the junior 60 wing is actually a polyhedral wing having a short middle section and the outer panels attached to it thus you have two angles hence the polyhedral lable. To see things more clearly just left click on the photo and it will zoom +.
Cheers Tigger
Attachments
house 008.jpg
tigger

Postby tigger » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi there, Joe if you are not interested in the answer why ask the question. I do have other things i can waste my time on.
Cheers Tigger
tigger

Return to Beginners/Starting Out