glider guider

glider guider

Postby tigger » Sun May 15, 2016 8:30 pm

Fingers or thumbs for TX use ?. I read recently that it's best to use your fingers to guide the sticks but having tried it today i've gone back to thumbs. Let me know how you all use the trans sticks please.
Cheers Tigger
tigger

Re: glider guider

Postby GFriend » Sun May 22, 2016 12:05 pm

Personally, move in which ever way makes you feel comfortable. I originally started out with a pinch grip, but as I don't use a tray type of radio that I can rest my hands in a natural manner for pinch, I found I was gaining nothing but a cramped up hand for my trouble. Since going to thumbs, I feel more natural using my transmitter and never have any issue with locked up or grumpy feeling hands (a few bones I broke in them as a kid adds to this cramping issue).
That said I did take the time to get my sticks adjusted to the right lenght for "me", in as far as they are as long as possible to decreasing the physical twitchyness short sticks naturally add, while still allowing me full throw and comfort for "me", as it is my transmitter after all, and I do not own it for anyone else's consideration if I'm honest about it.
Just my $0.02 worth.
GFriend

Re: glider guider

Postby tigger » Sun May 22, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi there GFriend and thanks for the reply. I do use a Tray i made myself for my DX7s but still hold the trans and use my thumbs. I have the sticks in the shortest length but did lengthen them for a trial with the pinch grip. I did go back to using them long with the thumbs but didn't like the extra distance needed to make them work however i have done away with a lot of expo so may just try them long again and see how the GFriend experience feels.
It really is great to get a reply from this forum and such a shame not many bother.
Cheers and thanks, Tigger
tigger

Return to General Banter