buddy box and modes

buddy box and modes

Postby tigger » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Being an old cat i would like sometimes to have a safety pilot when i maiden a new craft.Would it be possible to use my spectrum as the master tx on mode 2 and hook up to another spectrum on mode 1?.
Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers Tigger
tigger

Re: buddy box and modes

Postby andrew » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:40 am

Yes you can do it. But watch the channels.

We have our club radian on a mode 1 master and have a mode 2 slave available. The mode 2 slave is a different brand transmitter and the channel assignments are different which necessitates some tricky mixing to make it work.

I'm not sure if two transmitters of the same brand would also have a similar problem.
andrew

Postby tigger » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:34 pm

Thanks Andrew, tried it with my 7ch spectrum and a more knowledgeable flyers 18 ch spectrum. Bede did all the twidling, not much really and it works a treat. I'm mode 2 whilst Bede is mode 1.
Cheers Tigger
tigger

Postby GFriend » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:26 am

From past experience and subsequently loosing the plane in question, if your looking to be the second pilot, perhaps taking the time to have your friend with the dx18 bind to your receiver on the plane (full set up would be required by default), and have yourself as the slave as it allows for less issue if something goes wrong (removes the "have i pushed the button enough for him to have it" potential issue that we 'think' cost me that plane way back then).
GFriend

Postby tigger » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:23 am

Thanks Gfriend,or should it be good friend! I will keep that in mind and as we are both keen to try this buddy box thing it will be wise to get it right the first time. At present Bede is looking for a longer cable just so we are not tripping over one an other.
Cheers Tigger
tigger

Postby GFriend » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:17 pm

No worries - best of luck!
GFriend

Return to General Banter