Podcast : You can call in and leave your news item etc

Podcast : You can call in and leave your news item etc

Postby kneedrag » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi all,

A long time ago in a distant past we used to run a Parkflyers podcast. Life etc has gotten in the way of keeping it running. So I have been looking at ways to get it going again while reducing the workload of the hosts etc so that we can come and go as we have the time yet still put out a quality community Podcast.

The first step in this is allowing your the listener or potential listeners to call in and give us your news you want to share or any feedback or questions you potentially want answered etc.

The way you do this is just call 02825561397 and leave your message/comment/question/news item after the message and we will include it in the next podcast.

If there is enough interest etc I will look at getting this number changed to a Tollfree or local number. This one is currently just an experiment for now. So please feel free to give it a call and let me know what you think.
kneedrag

Re: Podcast : You can call in and leave your news item etc

Postby tigger » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:22 am

Hi there Kneedrag, could you explain the concept just a little bit more for an old southern flyer.
Cheers Tigger
tigger

Postby kneedrag » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Certainly Tigger.

In a nutshell a Podcast is like a recorded radio show. The biggest difference is you download the episodes and listen to them on the device of your choice. PC/ipad/ipod/your phone etc. This number now allows you to call in and leave a message essentially which will allow us to add it to the podcast. So you could ask a question or let us know of an upcoming event that your club is hosting and we will be able to add it to the podcast.

tigger wrote:Hi there Kneedrag, could you explain the concept just a little bit more for an old southern flyer.
Cheers Tigger
kneedrag

Postby kneedrag » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:30 pm

For an archive of the old episodes have a look here http://www.parkflyers.org.nz/podcast/podcast.xml
kneedrag

Postby tigger » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:57 pm

Thanks Kneedrag, had a listen to some oldies and the idea has some merit especially around a known area of flyers.
Down south here most of the flyers are like seagulls.you have to throw stones to get them up. Keep at it and i'm sure you will get it up and going again.
Cheers Tigger
tigger

Postby kneedrag » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:06 pm

It used to be quite popular and had a good few hundred downloads a month or so. Plus they were great fun to do, just the time side of things took a while to sort things out. However I think I have found a way around that, with improving technology.
kneedrag

Return to General Banter