Places to fly in New Zealand?

Places to fly in New Zealand?

Postby Myriad » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:51 am

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum but not to the hobby. As it turns out I'm not a citizen from NZ, but rather from Brazil. I would like to live in your country (forever), so I'm making plans, saving money and stuff. If the situation allows, I would like to start in NZ next year as a working student. Luckily, I'm still relatively young (18) :D

RC helicopters are a big deal in my life, so I'm considering moving to a place which has nice open fields near home that I can legally fly in. I looked at the NZ model flying map in the site, but I also would like to hear it from you guys. What do you suggest?
Myriad

Re: Places to fly in New Zealand?

Postby tigger » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Well, Myriad when you arrive in NZ just join up with a model club { most town/cities} have a club and they will head you in the right direction. There are also parks etc where you can fly. Just about all farmers will let you on to their property to fly as long as you respect their land and animals. So yeah, come on over and go for it.
Tigger
tigger

Re: Places to fly in New Zealand?

Postby Myriad » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:46 am

tigger wrote:Well, Myriad when you arrive in NZ just join up with a model club { most town/cities} have a club and they will head you in the right direction. There are also parks etc where you can fly. Just about all farmers will let you on to their property to fly as long as you respect their land and animals. So yeah, come on over and go for it.
Tigger

That's great news! I currently don't own any big models, just micros. I'll keep it that way until I arrive, don't wanna have trouble with transporting stuff via airlines nor do I want to ship it. Do you guys have hobby shops there? Here we only have them in the biggest cities and still, tis quite rare. I buy most of the stuff online.
Myriad

Return to General Banter