Patetonga Pylon Site

Re: Patetonga Pylon Site

Postby blitzu » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:59 pm

How did it all go up there today Chris?
blitzu

Postby Jacko » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Great fun!

My pylon skills need a serious polish, lots of practice is needed before Im F5D world champ! :ugeek:

Was getting better towards the end of the day, am keen to go out and practice more asap.

I strapped together my beaten wasp with a tame 3S setup to figure it all out and it went well around the course. Pulling laps in the 1:50 range, Scared Brian Harris a few times with some equal lap times (he had something in his eye or something he said... :P )

Interestingly I was using ~1000W/min for my 1:50's, So F5D is going to be twice as fast using the same total energy. I was going half the speed for twice as long in other words. Attached the log from the wasp.

The Q500 sports were pulling in the ~2m mark to give you a reference. I think with practice I can drop the times to high 1.30s to low 1:40s with this setup.

Learnt a lot from watching others fly as to where I should be, Simply the fastest plane isnt gonna cut it. Flying smooth, fast, and tight consistantly is what it takes. Screwing up the exit from one corner can throw the whole lap out of whack while you try to get it back in the right spot again.

Flew my little yellow pyro around the course too, similar times but very hard to fly it as consistantly due to it dissapearing at #!

Unfortunatly was so busy flying & driving the lights at #1 pylon that didnt get a chance to get any video or pictures. Next time :geek:

Its going to be awesome when we have a sport electric class and F5D racing with a good turn out, was lots of fun Racing & Winding up BH :lol:

Im an addict now :twisted:
Attachments
Wasppylon.jpg
Jacko

Postby blitzu » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 am

Swt bro :D Yip every1's kept busy on a pylon or stop wtch,fun thou..(almost need x3 batts to cover the day as its hard to find time to charge till lunch).
Was looking on the NCD calander and i can see two new pylon classes,dont see f5d in there.A pity cause f5d or us guys are the big bangers of the sport! 8-)
blitzu

Postby Jacko » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:00 pm

So whos coming to the next round, Sunday 31st of March, and is keen for some real racing (none of this slimey rubbish :o )
Jacko

Postby blitzu » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Yo...i'll ctch a ride up with Mr Harris,as lng as its not pissing dwn! :o
You heading up Brad? (jolt/pyro maybe?)
Chris will be there hail or shine....? :D
Will be a gd day,plenty of stomach twisting FUN!!! :twisted:
blitzu

Postby Jacko » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Yup Ill be there :D

Brad will be too, currently has no interwebs. I think Andrew (QDrevenger) is keen as well.

Cya there, be sure to Pre-wind Brian up for me :ugeek:
Jacko

Postby blitzu » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:56 pm

hehe lol I've already started! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nah I hav'nt cin him since Jan,havnt cin his sport racer or anything.

Wicked,will be the first proper pylon day with all of us guys being there together!
Time to convert those "oily sewing machines" over to da lite side!! :lol:
blitzu

Postby Jacko » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:09 pm

Perfect weather and very much improving times. Lots of sweet lines, and even a impressive midair :twisted:

Brian came in 2nd in the sports electric ( had something in his eye, or he used the wrong pre race Tai chi routine ;) )
With 2 lipos Brad wouldve taken out Electric Fast!, when every one else raced 2 heats he unfortunatly got a 200 point filler for the 2nd heat.
Daniel was flying some nice laps, but machinery was letting him down ( Even with a million watts :D )

Its gonna be lots of fun with more electrics in the air racing.

You missed out blitzu :shock:
Jacko

Postby blitzu » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:32 pm

ooool....a midair with w plane? (Hpefully not da x) :o

hehe Do you like Dan "The Kids",wing servo covers? :D Yea he needs to do a amp test and prop it rite as well as some 65c batts then it will start happening.Hes learning thou :D

W was the fastest elec times?
Yea bro,if i was flying would of been thr 4sure,but saw abit if drizzle this morn and got scared :mrgreen:
blitzu

Next

Return to Pylon