F5D in NZ

Re: F5D in NZ

Postby blitzu » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Yip for sure ladz :) Still only an airframe at this stage, (the 'r1' will be first in2 the air), but yip will def bring it for a comparison.. 8-)
Hope weathers gd..Heres to sunday.. :idea: <<< (thats me drinking frm a cold can).. :D
blitzu

Postby Sykotic » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:47 am

How not to fly F5D :lol:

First "proper" F5D race in the country. Shocking times and lines, but great fun.

Go full screen and HD on the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEfd-cQ0W8s

Thanks for everyone at the event, looking forward to the next one.
Sykotic

Postby Jacko » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Yup heaps and heaps of fun. We can only get faster.

Just think about it though, if the hot Q500's are doing 1:15s with tight flying, and we are only 5 seconds behind time wise while flying twice as far..... :roll: :oops: :mrgreen:
Jacko

Postby blitzu » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:16 pm

Yes very true! :mrgreen: Hopefully thats why "unlimited" will start up so the nitro's can race electrics all in,one for all...hold on,theres no HOT Q500's left...after the weekend :o..... :) :D :lol:
Just tugging ya chain JD :mrgreen:
blitzu

Postby Jacko » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:02 pm

Great days racing today, despite the strangely low numbers (weather was pretty good)

I am slowly getting faster, 1.26s in sport, 1.10s in F5D, with still lots of improvements to be made. To give the uninitiated an idea for F5D 1m dead is competitive on a world scale, the world record is 52s, which equates to pretty bloody fast.

In REALLY liking the geared folder setup with the 9x21.5, it simply feels better and is seemingly faster in flight than the smaller 4.7x4.7 direct drive I was playing with. The plane has most certainly got sub 60s in it, just have to get the pilot up to speed Takes a little bit to get the model up to speed, but damn does it go once its going, and it EATS turns.

The 666W Sport class is lots of fun, and very competitive, with good banter allround Its also starting to get very fast, might need to start checking those powersystem limits *cough* *cough* I need to do some more playing with prop sizes for the Avionik in this class, im not feeling the 5.25x6.25, it seems to bog out of #3
Attachments
DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
Jacko

Postby Jacko » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:34 am

For those that are confused around W/min and how they work, Ive posted the log from the 1:10 flight up.
Think of W/min as energy, as opposed to power (or just watts). In F5D you have 1000W/min of energy to complete the race. If you take 2minutes to race, your average power is going to be 500W.

Check out the log below, the watt/min limiter wasnt switched on but watt/min are still logged.

W/min are graphed as the Green line, at 1000W/min im bang on 1:10 flight time meaning the setup would have been good powerwise for F5D. If I was flying faster than 70s, I could use more power to complete the race. (Stuff like preheating lipos can tweak power in this way)

Average power once in flight (not including the launch spike) is around 850W. The launch spike is also processed as part of the W/min for the flight, so the average current draw for the whole 1:10 Flight wouldve been higher than 850W

What the Unilog or Neu Limiter does is process the Rx throttle signal, so once your 1000W/min of energy is gone, the limiter will output a zero throttle signal to the esc. The aim power system wise in F5D is to have the limiter kick in just before you cross the start finish line ;) After 10seconds or so the limiter allows regular throttle control for landing etc.
Attachments
Wmin.jpg
Jacko

Previous

Return to Pylon