F5D in NZ

Re: F5D in NZ

Postby blitzu » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:58 am

Oh true.I always thort the X fuse was bigger than the Swist.....gutted.
blitzu

Postby blitzu » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Are there only 4 or 5 of us elec pylon people in the whole of N.Z?! Wheres the rest of them al hiding!! :(
blitzu

Postby DUP » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:49 pm

I'm posting and I don't even compete! So 1 less that you thought.... :(
Having said that, its something I'm definitely interested in getting into.
DUP

Postby blitzu » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Yup,same here-i havnt raced yet....but surely theres mre like minded HP souls like us in n.z.
Saw the www.hjkspeedwings site today,geeezzzz that Monster's MEAN!! :twisted:
U seen it? Mean price too!! Wrk of art thou and wud do the bizness bigtime!!
blitzu

Postby Jacko » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Lots read this, people are scared of posting on forums though :roll: I try to stir :mrgreen: Death to that damn archaic Yahoo newsgroup I say. The sooner its turned off the better itll be for the entire NZMAA.

Its a pity you live so far down south Dean, would be lots fun to race. Im all for having the comp moving around the country, I dont mind travel as long as given enough of a heads up, I doubt the majority would though (not counting Brad here obviously!). Im not beating up on people who understandably cant travel, just dunno how successful it'd be.

What really annoys me is the lack of people wanting to get into competition, any form of it seems to be pushing shed up hill. Old Man Spruce thinks its due to people not wanting to loose, Im starting to agree with him..

End of the day, pylon racing is against yourself, trying to improve your own times instead of smashing the guy standing next to you (which is fun too :lol: )
Jacko

Postby DUP » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:08 pm

Yeah maybe I'll just have to race against myself.... even Matt's "Sportsman Reno Racing" was a great idea I thought....cheap to have a go and quite challenging! And even arguably doable across the country - you could video in your results etc... it would be a great entry to get people interested in racing.

Going to a national F5D meet would be fine for me so long as I could compete in some local or regional contests.... if only they existed ....

I've noticed some people seem to immediately assume they would crash, therefore pylon racing would be an impossible task!. But of course you don't (and wouldn't want to) start with the latest and greatest, you build up skills and experience in little steps.
DUP

Postby Jacko » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:11 am

Catch you guys out at Patetonga this sunday :ugeek:
Jacko

Postby blitzu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:40 am

Sup Jacko-i won't be there this Sunday-i got wrk,bugger it! But i need the coin to get Swist into the air.Hope you guys hava gd day and get plenty of quality footage :P
blitzu

Postby Jacko » Wed May 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Avioniks somewhere between NZ and Russia :ugeek:

Parts collection piling up
Attachments
IMG_0297 (Large).JPG
IMG_0294 (Large).JPG
Jacko

Postby Jacko » Fri May 17, 2013 6:19 pm

:ugeek: :mrgreen: :twisted: